Sharing special moments outdoors is one of the best ways to celebrate with family and friends. Your birthday is one of those special moments. If you are lucky enough to have a summer birth date, fun and sun await you! Here are some tips to help you plan that special day.
Beach Party Ideas
Organizing a beach party is not as difficult as people may think. Most venues offer on-site staff that help with planning your event. Look for venues that offer indoor and outdoor accommodations. This will allow your guest to cool off on those overly hot days and provide shelter from possible rain.
Choose beach-friendly decorations and accessories. Items that are easily blown away may cause accidents and pollution. Use the natural landscape around you for inspiration with your décor. Pick a theme for the event. Some popular ones include surfing and a luau.
Add a beach photo booth indoors to capture the moments along with other interactive activities to engage your guests. A hula hoop relay race or a sandcastle contest are great options. Even a classic tug of war might be fun.
You want this day to be filled with good memories. Follow these do’s and don’ts to ensure that your birthday bash is a success.
- Check in advance if any permits are required. Some beaches have picnic areas and may request one.
- Come in early to begin setup. Give yourself enough time to remove all items after the event. Staff members will help with the cleanup.
- Follow all rules and regulations regarding pets on the beach, umbrellas, and canopy use.
- Pay attention to rip tides and adhere to any warnings.
- Wear wide-spectrum, waterproof sunscreen, preferably a kind that is eco-friendly to prevent damage to the water.
- Stay hydrated.
- Behave responsibility.
- Enjoy the sunset.
- Some beaches do not allow glass. Use disposable plates and cups as an alternative. This will also help expedite clean-up at the end of your event. Biodegradable and recyclable options are also available.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages on the beach. Aside from it being illegal on most beaches, drinking while at the beach may lead to dangerous situations, especially when participating in water activities. It is best to stay alert and aware of your surroundings. Drinking alcohol also increases the amount of ultra-violet rays your skin absorbs. This can lead to heatstroke and dehydration. You may experience symptoms such as nausea, headache, and dizziness if this occurs.
- No littering. It is estimated that around 800 species around the world are impacted by ocean debris, and 80 percent of that litter is plastic. Marine life such as sea turtles and dolphins ingest or become entangled in plastic waste. Be mindful of bottle caps and balloon ribbons.
- No smoking on the beach.
- No use of candles.
Looking for a Place to Host a Beach Birthday?
Want to have a beach birthday party but not sure where to host it? Salero has you covered. Our beautiful oceanfront venue has spaces for indoor and outdoor events. Salero can accommodate any beach party ideas with our expert staff ready to assist in everything from planning to catering. To learn more, visit Salero online or call (302) 841-2229